Dan Christensen writes: > Eric Abrahamsen writes: > >> Dan Christensen writes: >> >>> I tried these two one-line patches, and they allowed me to use nnmairix >>> again, although it wasn't smooth. > > [...] > >> This patch might offer the right solution: the group creation process >> sets the subscription level for the new group. This triggers all the >> necessary processes (I think) to get the group noticed by Gnus, so it >> doesn't trigger errors or require you to manually enter it. > > [...] > > I tried your patch after unapplying Bjøjn Mork's patch, and I got the > same backtrace as usual, due to a nil value getting passed in. See > below. > > Then I tried applying both your patch and Mork's patch, and didn't see > any difference in behaviour compared to Mork's patch alone. I even > deleted the imap group that nnmairix uses for its storage, in the hopes > that this would cause your new code to run, and still saw no change. > I had to manually subscribe to the group and refresh it before the > nnmairix group could be entered. Hmm, I thought I replied to this earlier in the day, but it doesn't look like the message is there. I'm resending this just in case. It turned out that there are several issues at play, and the fact that nnmairix calls `nnimap-group-scan' with INFO set to nil means that Bjørn's approach is necessary no matter what. Anyway, here are a couple of new patches, I hope people will try them out! Eric