From: Matt Ford <matt@dancingfrog.co.uk>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Marking ! in virtual groups
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 15:58:23 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

I dug out the old question and reply from Lars regarding this issue.

Lars writes:

> Looking at the code, it looks like this should work.

> `gnus-update-read-articles' is called, which calls
> `gnus-request-set-mark', which should set the marks on the server.

> Could you edebug through `gnus-update-read-articles' and see what
> (doesn't) happen?

I should make clear that this issue only affects marked with a !
messages (that's what I mean by flagged).  Read and it's ilk work well.

I've tried edebug as suggested.  For the virtual group gnus-update-read
articles is called three times one for the virtual group and twice more
for each of the real groups that compose it.

Unfortunately my elisp and edebug skills aren't up to the task.  I made
sure my virtual group had only one Flagged (marked with a !)  message
and tried to compare variables in edebug for the virtual group setting
and real groups.  They all looked the same and I couldn't see anything
that obviously affects this.

Any help or pointers much appreciated.

Cheers,
--