Eric S Fraga writes: > "Rainer M. Krug" writes: > >> Hi >> >> I am using notmuch for indexing and searching my emails and I must say I >> really like it's folding of conversations, i.e. folding in the article >> buffer. >> >> Is there something like this possible in gnus? > > I'm not entirely sure what you are asking for unfortunately. Just in > case, does > > ,----[ C-h v gnus-cited-lines-visible RET ] > | gnus-cited-lines-visible is a variable defined in `gnus-cite.el'. > | Its value is (2 . 2) > | Original value was nil > | > | Documentation: > | The number of lines of hidden cited text to remain visible. > | Or a pair (cons) of numbers which are the number of lines at the top > | and bottom of the text, respectively, to remain visible. > | > | You can customize this variable. > `---- > > do what you want? This does create a button [+] which you can select to > expand the hidden text, sort of unfolding. This is really useful, but not what I am looking for. I am effectively looking for what this does, only for a whole thread. Something along the lines of having a summary buffer showing only one thread (in notmuch see screenshot [1]), and when I select a single article, it expands the article *in the summary buffer* [2]. > > In a summary buffer, you do have the option of hiding threads (T H). Yes - very useful indeed. Thanks, Rainer Footnotes: [1] http://notmuchmail.org/screenshots/Screenshot-notmuch-thread.png [2] http://notmuchmail.org/screenshots/Screenshot-notmuch-show.png -- Rainer M. Krug email: RMKruggmailcom