* Limits: Use default value from current article?
@ 2012-05-01 10:43 XeCycle
From: XeCycle @ 2012-05-01 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

These limit commands are nice.  But they can be nicer.

What about using the default value from current article?  E.g. I
maybe reading my mails and found I need to look for other mails
From this sender.  Thus I type /a, and I need to enter his name
--- why don't we use a default value taken from the current
article, thus I simply need to /a RET.

Other commands could use this too, e.g. /t defaults to show
articles older than this one, /s defaults to show articles with
the same title as the current one.

Is this already available?  Or, did I miss something in the
manual?

--
Carl Lei (XeCycle)
Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 489 bytes --]

* Re: Limits: Use default value from current article?
@ 2012-06-10 20:06 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-06-10 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: XeCycle; +Cc: ding

XeCycle <XeCycle@Gmail.com> writes:

> What about using the default value from current article?  E.g. I
> maybe reading my mails and found I need to look for other mails
> From this sender.  Thus I type /a, and I need to enter his name
> --- why don't we use a default value taken from the current
> article, thus I simply need to /a RET.

Good idea.  I've now added this to Ma Gnus.

> Other commands could use this too, e.g. /t defaults to show
> articles older than this one, /s defaults to show articles with
> the same title as the current one.

I'm not sure `/ s' sounds as useful...  And I'm not sure I see the use
case for a default `/ t' value either.

* Re: Limits: Use default value from current article?
@ 2012-06-11  4:06   ` XeCycle
From: XeCycle @ 2012-06-11  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: ding