* follow link in an external browser
@ 2010-06-27 10:45 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2010-06-27 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

In gnus I am reading a pure text non-HTML mail, just like this one.

I move the mouse on top of a link just like
http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=12

A mouseover message appears saying "follow the link".

But there is no way, despite having three (3) mouse buttons, to do what
I want: follow link in an external browser.

* Re: follow link in an external browser
@ 2010-06-29 21:21 ` Kane Dou
From: Kane Dou @ 2010-06-29 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> In gnus I am reading a pure text non-HTML mail, just like this one.
>
> I move the mouse on top of a link just like
> http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=12
>
> A mouseover message appears saying "follow the link".
>
> But there is no way, despite having three (3) mouse buttons, to do what
> I want: follow link in an external browser.

The middle mouse key gives me an external browser window.

You can try to set these variables (like this):
(setq browse-url-generic-program (executable-find "google-chrome")
      browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-generic)
Change "google-chrome" to your browser's bin file.