* gnus faces being obstinate..
@ 2009-10-16  3:51 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2009-10-16  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Whether this is really a case of gnus being obstinate or... the vastly
more likely happenstance of operator bumbling... will be obvious at
some point.

The faces I've used for yrs in gnus suddenly have changed and when I
edit them in customize buffer... the changes do not stick.

For example... open customize buffer and for
gnus-group-mail-3-face  set green (was yellow)

Navigate to the `state' button and select `save for future sessions'.

Now gnus-group-mail-3-empty-face

   set to green2 (was yellow2)  and Save for Future Sessions

Already something seems wrong.

When I hit `Save for Future Sessions'  I expect to see the
Example (SAMPLE) that shows the set color...change to the face I just
set.

But instead it remains yellow

Then when I go to the actual gnus interface... level 3 mail is yellow
instead of green.

Whats going on here...

Oh, and I am doing this in X.

I am running gnus from emacsclient... is that the reason... my
settings get overridden?  The running --daemon is clinging to old
settings or something?

But no, I don't think that's it because if I start an independant
emacs and M-x gnus-slave to get an independant instance of gnus... the
mail groups are still yellow.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-10-16  3:51 UTC | newest]