Norman Walsh writes: > I've been using nnml for years. Now I'm using it on Mac and I realize > that if the files were named 'nnnnn.txt' instead of just 'nnnnn' that > they'd be "text files" and would get indexed by Spotlight. Really, > mail is about the only thing I'd ever want Spotlight to index anyway. [...] > Thoughts? You could coerce nnml to generate .txt-Files by configuring it like this: (nnml "test" (nnml-get-new-mail nil) (nnml-directory "/tmp/nnmltest/") (nnml-use-compressed-files ".txt") (nnml-compressed-files-size-threshold 0)) It won't cause any actual compression since ".txt" doesn't trigger Emacs' auto-compression-mode. regards, andreas