From: Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no>
Subject: online agentized groups and expired articles
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:42:47 +0100	[thread overview]

What happens in an agentized group when attempting to read an article
that has been expired on the server, but has been cached by agent,
when the group is online?

Is it flagged as expired and turned yellow in the summary buffer?  Or
is it quietly shown?

Is the behaviour different for different backends? (it _seems_ to me
that in nnimap the article is shown as expired, but in nntp it is
shown, but I haven't been able to verify this)

Is the behaviour configurable in some way?

The reason I'm asking is that I would like the article to be shown as
expired in nnimap, because then it's most probably because an action
I've taken myself, or an action one of my server filters have taken.

But in nntp, specifically on gmane, I'm reading some groups where the
expiry time (14 days for X-No-Archive: yes articles) is shorter than
the time that may go between the times that I enter the groups.

Thanx!