* getting BBDB to auto-create again
@ 1999-07-02 10:43 Guido A.J. Stevens
From: Guido A.J. Stevens @ 1999-07-02 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using gnus pterodactyl 0.84, I can't seem to get BBDB to automatically
display or create records anymore. I've stripped my bbdb config to the
bare essentials as spelled out in the info, but to no avail.

My config is as follows:

======== .emacs snippet =========
(setq load-path (nconc load-path (list "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp")))
(provide 'bbdb/load-path)
     (require 'bbdb)
     (bbdb-initialize 'gnus 'message 'sc 'w3)
(add-hook 'gnus-startup-hook 'bbdb-insinuate-gnus)
==========/ .emacs ============

I've tried the above with and without the last add-hook line, but that
doesn't make any difference.

======== .gnus snippet ==========
	(setq bbdb/mail-auto-create-p t)
	(setq bbdb/news-auto-create-p t)
========/ .gnus ===============

When checking through C-h a these variables are set allright, but
auto-creation does'nt work for sure.

Can anybody give me some hint what might be going on here?

And, yes, this would probably better be posted to the bbdb-info
mailing list, BUT, the list address is nowhere to be found in the
info, so I can't even report _that_ bug.

:*CU#
--
***    Guido A.J. Stevens      ***    mailto:gyst@nfg.nl    ***
***    Net Facilities Group    ***    tel:+31.43.3618933    ***

PGP fingerprint E3 56 AA 30 44 EE 9E E9 CA 52 C5 B8 66 2F 77 21

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-07-02 10:43 UTC | newest]