* Space in Gcc name taken as list?
@ 2021-11-13  3:23 Bob Newell
From: Bob Newell @ 2021-11-13  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Aloha,

I have my gnus archive group set to

   "nnimap+imap.gmail.com:[Gmail]/Sent Mail"

and that works fine.

However in gnus-alias-identity-alist I have the following
entry.

      ("jean"
         nil
         "Jean de LaFontaine <jeandelafontaine@bobnewell.net>"
         "Avi Gobbler Publishing" ;; organization header
	 (("BCC" . "bobnewell@bobnewell.net")
	  ("GCC" . "nnimap+imap.gmail.com:[Gmail]/Sent Mail"))
         nil ;; not \n
         "~/data/elisp/.signaturejean"
      )

Through msmtp, the "jean" identity uses a different smtp
account than most of the rest of my mail, so I want the GCC to
get a copy back to my gmail Sent Mail folder.

However what actually happens is that "Sent Mail" gets split
into "Sent" and "Mail" and those groups ("labels" in gmail
terms) get created on my gmail account, and copies of the
message put in both of those groups instead of the intended
"Sent Mail" group.

I tried to find this in the gnus code but admittedly got
pretty lost.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug?

Mahalo in advance,

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

- Via GNU/Linux/Emacs/Gnus/BBDB

* Re: Space in Gcc name taken as list?
@ 2021-11-13  9:31 ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 2021-11-13  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Newell; +Cc: ding

    Bob> Aloha,
    Bob> I have my gnus archive group set to

    Bob>    "nnimap+imap.gmail.com:[Gmail]/Sent Mail"

    Bob> and that works fine.

    Bob> However in gnus-alias-identity-alist I have the following
    Bob> entry.

    Bob>       ("jean"
    Bob>          nil
    Bob>          "Jean de LaFontaine <jeandelafontaine@bobnewell.net>"
    Bob>          "Avi Gobbler Publishing" ;; organization header
    Bob> 	 (("BCC" . "bobnewell@bobnewell.net")
    Bob> 	  ("GCC" . "nnimap+imap.gmail.com:[Gmail]/Sent Mail"))
    Bob>          nil ;; not \n
    Bob>          "~/data/elisp/.signaturejean"
    Bob>       )

    Bob> Through msmtp, the "jean" identity uses a different smtp
    Bob> account than most of the rest of my mail, so I want the GCC to
    Bob> get a copy back to my gmail Sent Mail folder.

    Bob> However what actually happens is that "Sent Mail" gets split
    Bob> into "Sent" and "Mail" and those groups ("labels" in gmail
    Bob> terms) get created on my gmail account, and copies of the
    Bob> message put in both of those groups instead of the intended
    Bob> "Sent Mail" group.

    Bob> I tried to find this in the gnus code but admittedly got
    Bob> pretty lost.

In gnus-inews-do-gcc:

	  (setq groups (message-unquote-tokens
			(message-tokenize-header gcc " ,\n\t")))

I think thatʼs a bug. The separator in mail headers is ',' (but Iʼd
allow '\n' here just for convenience).

gnus-summary-resend-message-insert-gcc splits on " ,", but then
inserts with ',' as a separator. I think I rest my case 😁.

Robert

* Re: Space in Gcc name taken as list?
@ 2021-11-13 16:54   ` Bob Newell
From: Bob Newell @ 2021-11-13 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Robert Pluin:
> In gnus-inews-do-gcc:
>
> 	  (setq groups (message-unquote-tokens
> 			(message-tokenize-header gcc " ,\n\t")))
>
> I think thatʼs a bug. The separator in mail headers is ',' (but Iʼd
> allow '\n' here just for convenience).
>
> gnus-summary-resend-message-insert-gcc splits on " ,", but then
> inserts with ',' as a separator. I think I rest my case 😁.
>
> Robert

I experimentally changed " ,\n\t" to ",\n\t" and " ," to ","
and everything works as expected. This might be a candidate
for a patch to the master branch if Eric and Lars agree.

Mahalo for your assistance!

--

@ 2021-11-14  1:22     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2021-11-14  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Newell; +Cc: ding

Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net> writes:

> I experimentally changed " ,\n\t" to ",\n\t" and " ," to ","
> and everything works as expected. This might be a candidate
> for a patch to the master branch if Eric and Lars agree.

I've now adjusted the two as you suggest on master.