* Applying patches sent via email
@ 2021-07-13 21:42 Eric Abrahamsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2021-07-13 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

I've always been slightly annoyed at the hoops I have to jump through to
apply git patches that I get in email to various repos that I have on
disk. I'm starting to realize that it's actually easier than I thought
(specifically, "git am" is much more capable than I realized), and I'm
thinking that there's only a couple bits of glue missing, which means
someone has probably already done this.

Does anyone have a facility that can be used to apply git patches
received via email to local repos? I'd like equivalents to both
`gnus-summary-pipe-part' and `gnus-summary-pipe-output' -- ie applicable
either to a mime part or to the message as a whole -- where it prompts
me for a local directory (git repo), possibly for a git branch in that
repo, then handles the running of "git am" for me.

Please let me know if you've got anything like this on hand!

TIA,
Eric