* Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-14 17:28 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-12-14 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

This article has some workable ideas for a more "inbox zero" kind of
setup:

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2015/02/email_overload_building_my_own_email_app_to_reach_inbox_zero.html?wpsrc=sp_all_native_by-section

The main problem with having an overflowing "misc" inbox is that there's
usually so much stuff in there that just thinking about replying to
anything immediately gets replaced by "let's watch a film instead".

Let's face it, nothing is going to make answering email fun, but we
could perhaps procrastinate a bit better.

Here's my concrete take-away from the article:

If getting to inbox zero is possible, perhaps even enjoyable, on a daily
basis, then perhaps we could get more stuff done.  To make it more
enjoyable, we go through each unread email and tap a simple set of
guilt-less commands:

1) "b"  Ban this email address an never show anything from it again.
This would be typical of newsletters and stuff you always seem to end up
on.  The Gnus action would be to filter this to a "junk" group.

2) "d"  Mark as read and remove from view.

3) "m"  Mute the thread -- make all subsequent articles not be displayed.
The Gnus action would be to score lower on thread and expunge.

4) "p"  Postpone.  Make the article disappear for a week.  I'm not quite
sure whether Gnus has this already -- there was some discussion about it
the other...  year...

5) "r"  Refile to a specific project.  We all have projects that we're
doing, only "not just now".  The Gnus action is just moving to a
different folder (and mark as unread or ticked).

And, of course, reply to the ones we want to reply to.  The idea,
anyway, is to be able to breeze through the inbox all the time with
sunshine and sweetness in our hearts, instead of looking at the
ever-growing number of undealt with messages.

I think it might be interesting to implement something like this...  I'm
taking February off from work, so I'll probably be back to Gnus hacking
again.

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-14 22:09 ` Wes Hardaker
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2015-12-14 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> This article has some workable ideas for a more "inbox zero" kind of
> setup:

I've long thought about how to achieve a reduced view of my boxes.  I
think my biggest problem stems from a number of elements, that could
easily be implemented with some software tweaks.  My mail falls into a
few simple categories in general:

a) Reply/Act immediately and delete (wish they were all this way)
b) Reply/Act immediately but then keep the thread around for further study
   until it dies.  This is a hard one (more below).
   bb) read immediately and keep it around until it dies or I need to
   reply to a sub-thread

c) Can't reply/act right now because of either time or some dependency issue
d) delete it because it doesn't need a response (even better than a!)
e) archive for later for reference

The problem is that most of my mail falls into the dreaded b category or
bb category.  Sometimes the b/bb category eventually needs to moved to
archive but I don't know that yet either.

I use some marks to help with this, and have a script that I run
directly on the imap server to delete trashed mail only after a
particular life cycle (eg, 21 days).  So the folder appears mostly
blank.  But I rarely seem to mentally trust it and thus leave stuff
marked as read instead of trashed (I also have a script that runs out of
cron syncing Trashed (phone) and Expired (gnus)).

The bulk of my inbox(es - 10 fairly important ones) fall into the large
category filled with past b and bb type articles.  Occasionally I try to
take a run through them and clean them up.

One idea: have a mark for a subject that functionally says "leave around
till it's silent for a week, then hide it for another week, then trash
it".

I also have an "old" version of most boxes that serve as a fade-out
point, but again: it's hard to do searching with a combined view
(notmuch really helps here, except I don't mirror the old boxes from my
imap server because of the doubled bandwidth problem of pulling it down
again into a different box once it's auto-moved via script on the
server).

Ugh.  No one is still reading this I'm sure.
--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:       http://capturedonearth.com/

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-14 22:10 ` Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 2015-12-14 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Dec 14, 2015, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

> 1) "b"  Ban this email address an never show anything from it again.
> This would be typical of newsletters and stuff you always seem to end up
> on.  The Gnus action would be to filter this to a "junk" group.

I like this.  It would be similar to `L F', except rather than scoring
and expunging, it would filter.  (Maybe it should even just send the
messages directly to /dev/null, as an option.)

I currently have a keystroke that trains my spam filter, and moves the
article away, but adding the above to it would make it even more fun!
Zap!

> 2) "d"  Mark as read and remove from view.

What does "remove from view" mean?  If it means "delete", then this
is `B DEL'.  If it means "refile", then this is `B M'.

> 3) "m"  Mute the thread -- make all subsequent articles not be displayed.
> The Gnus action would be to score lower on thread and expunge.

This is `L T', right?  (But maybe a variant that filters the subsequent
messages directly to a junk group or to /dev/null would be interesting?)

> 4) "p"  Postpone.  Make the article disappear for a week.  I'm not quite
> sure whether Gnus has this already -- there was some discussion about it
> the other...  year...

I like!

> 5) "r"  Refile to a specific project.  We all have projects that we're
> doing, only "not just now".  The Gnus action is just moving to a
> different folder (and mark as unread or ticked).

This is `B M', right?  The user can set the marks as they wish before
moving.

> I think it might be interesting to implement something like this...  I'm
> taking February off from work, so I'll probably be back to Gnus hacking
> again.

This is my favourite part of the message!  But don't you want to listen
to one piece of music for each year between 1400 and 1600?

Dan

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-14 22:26   ` Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 2015-12-14 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Dec 14, 2015, Wes Hardaker <wes@hardakers.net> wrote:

> I use some marks to help with this, and have a script that I run
> directly on the imap server to delete trashed mail only after a
> particular life cycle (eg, 21 days).  So the folder appears mostly
> blank.  But I rarely seem to mentally trust it and thus leave stuff
> marked as read instead of trashed (I also have a script that runs out of
> cron syncing Trashed (phone) and Expired (gnus)).

The interplay between other clients and Gnus is a bit of a problem
these days, so I'm curious to hear more about the Trash/Expired script.
Currently I mark lots of mail messages in Gnus as expirable, and use
(display . [not expire]) in my group parameters.  This makes the
expirable articles invisible, unless I bring them back with `/ w'.
They get deleted after a couple of weeks.

With IMAP clients, you can move messages to the Trash, which serves
a similar function, but isn't as clean, as you can't easily view the
messages related to the current group.

But worst of all, the two methods don't work together.  All of my
expirable message show up in my other IMAP clients, and the Trashed
messages don't show up as expirable in Gnus.

So I'd love to hear what you (or others) do to handle this.

I think the best solution will be for Lars to port Gnus to Android
during his time off in February...

Dan

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-14 22:27 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2015-12-14 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-14 22:48   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-12-14 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca> writes:

>> 2) "d"  Mark as read and remove from view.
>
> What does "remove from view" mean?  If it means "delete", then this
> is `B DEL'.  If it means "refile", then this is `B M'.

I was thinking more like just removing the line from the summary
buffer.  I like seeing the list of messages in the buffer shrink.

>> 3) "m"  Mute the thread -- make all subsequent articles not be displayed.
>> The Gnus action would be to score lower on thread and expunge.
>
> This is `L T', right?  (But maybe a variant that filters the subsequent
> messages directly to a junk group or to /dev/null would be interesting?)

Yeah, mostly just `L T' (and expunge).

>> 5) "r"  Refile to a specific project.  We all have projects that we're
>> doing, only "not just now".  The Gnus action is just moving to a
>> different folder (and mark as unread or ticked).
>
> This is `B M', right?  The user can set the marks as they wish before
> moving.

Yes, it's just `B M', but leaving the message ticked in the destination
group.

>> I think it might be interesting to implement something like this...  I'm
>> taking February off from work, so I'll probably be back to Gnus hacking
>> again.
>
> This is my favourite part of the message!  But don't you want to listen
> to one piece of music for each year between 1400 and 1600?

I can do that while typing.  :-)

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-14 22:52     ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2015-12-14 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-14 22:54   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-12-14 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wes Hardaker; +Cc: ding

Wes Hardaker <wes@hardakers.net> writes:

> The bulk of my inbox(es - 10 fairly important ones) fall into the large
> category filled with past b and bb type articles.  Occasionally I try to
> take a run through them and clean them up.

I think what you're describing here isn't quite what the article was
talking about.  :-) It's talking about the unfiltered inbox where all
the non-project-related stuff goes.  You know.  The one that has
newsletters, emails from relatives, the tax form and the eww features
suggestions.  (The latter one may be more just me, though.)

That's the inbox that I dread the most and just need to find a way to
get through.  After sorting through all the misc, then we end up with
your 10 mailboxes of project-related stuff, but I think that probably
needs a totally different approach than the INBOX inbox, like...

(As you describe.)

> Ugh.  No one is still reading this I'm sure.

*sshh*

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-12-14 23:02 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-12-14 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Lars writes:

> 4) "p"  Postpone.  Make the article disappear for a week.  I'm not quite
> sure whether Gnus has this already -- there was some discussion about it
> the other...  year...

This sounds like the only one that is really missing to me. It could be
a very nice feature.

Sometimes I tick stuff that I know I won't do anything about today or
tomorrow, but I want to return to it at some point.

> I think it might be interesting to implement something like this...  I'm
> taking February off from work, so I'll probably be back to Gnus hacking
> again.

What can we come up with for you to work on...

:-)

I think you did the whole "sane defaults" thing the last time around,
and people still think Gnus is a beast to set up, so... not much sense
in attacking that.

What else...

  Best regards,

   Adam

--
 "Grr. Very annoyingly non-obvious."                          Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-14 23:05     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-12-14 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Lars writes:

> Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca> writes:

>> What does "remove from view" mean?  If it means "delete", then this
>> is `B DEL'.  If it means "refile", then this is `B M'.

> I was thinking more like just removing the line from the summary
> buffer.  I like seeing the list of messages in the buffer shrink.

Shouldn't B DEL and B M, B R (and any other command like that) really
just do that?

It always seemed kind of weird to me that Gnus leaves the line of the
"gone" message in the summary buffer, coloured oddly.

I guess it _can_ be nice if you randomly press buttons and want to see
what you just did, but...

  Just another 25¢,

    Adam

--
 "Jeg var ellers ved at gå amok på computeren. (det           Adam Sjøgren
  kan man jo godt føle lidt, hvis der lige forsvinder    asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-14 23:24   ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-12-14 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I wrote:

> What can we come up with for you to work on...

Uh, uh, uh, I got one! How about something to make Gnus handle the pesky
corporate style of ever expanding TOFU-emails?

I think Gmail and others have adapted a way of displaying these emails
in a sort of collapsed way, so you don't get so depressed about the
repetition¹.

Maybe there already is a good solution for this, that I have overlooked?

  Best regards,

    Adam, still using Gnus at work.

¹ Sometimes I find myself trimming the endless barrage of corporate
  signatures and legal disclaimers from these huge emails, kind of like
  a zen gardening thing - I know it will all be broken again soon, but
  for at little while, I have made a tiny email slightly less broken.
  Oh, is that just me doing that? Ok, never mind, move along, nothing to
  read here...

--
 "Oh, we all like motorcycles, to some degree."               Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-15  7:52     ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 2015-12-15  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Uh, uh, uh, I got one! How about something to make Gnus handle the pesky
> corporate style of ever expanding TOFU-emails?

> I think Gmail and others have adapted a way of displaying these emails
> in a sort of collapsed way, so you don't get so depressed about the
> repetition¹.

> Maybe there already is a good solution for this, that I have overlooked?

That would be so awesome.  I had to give up on Gnus for work mail and am
using Gmail because of the combination of all of:

- Everything is HTML email and everything has italics and bold and emojis
  and embedded images and tables and whatnot all day long, and Gnus HTML
  rendering is both very slow and doesn't really do justice to that stuff
  (and I haven't investigated ways of generating it -- the markup that you
  get from, say, Markdown, but rendered as HTML so that people's clients
  can handle it, is really nice for communicating some things).  I'm not
  sure if there's really anything one can do about this, but it's probably
  the largest problem.

- You have to aggressively collapse all the quoted content and basically
  do a Gmail-style display or email threads from people who use Gmail are
  effectively unreadable.  But you also need to be smart about not hiding
  in-line replies.  (Gmail is mostly smart but has occasional major
  problems.)

- Google Inbox and its snooze functionality is invaluable.  (That's
  directly relevant to this thread.)  Admittedly, I use it a lot more than
  I would with Gnus, since with Gnus stuff would get shuffled off into a
  pending folder and that also works.  But I kind of like snoozing better
  than the pending folder, since stuff goes in there and is then never
  seen again, rather than actually being cleared.

- Autocomplete against a Gmail address book is pretty valuable.  There's
  probably something that BBDB can do here (I never set it up, since it
  intimidated me), but I use it a lot when emailing people at the same
  company who I've never talked to before, but whose name (but not email)
  I know.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle@eyrie.org)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-15 14:55       ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-12-15 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Russ writes:

> - Everything is HTML email and everything has italics and bold and emojis
>   and embedded images and tables and whatnot all day long, and Gnus HTML
>   rendering is both very slow and doesn't really do justice to that
>   stuff

Have you tried this since Lars created shr/eww? I think it was quite an
improvement.

I only notice my colleagues sending HTML when they do weird tables,
otherwise it Just Works for me.

But my colleagues may be on the lighter end of the spectrum of
HTML-in-email-features use...

> - Autocomplete against a Gmail address book is pretty valuable.  There's
>   probably something that BBDB can do here (I never set it up, since it
>   intimidated me), but I use it a lot when emailing people at the same
>   company who I've never talked to before, but whose name (but not email)
>   I know.

I think there are some solutions for querying LDAP as well. The subset
of bbdb I learned works fine for me, though.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "In the past we would do little things for love, but         Adam Sjøgren
  but things, big things required money. Now we can do   asjo@koldfront.dk

* training spam filter (was: Possible ideas for "inbox zero")
@ 2015-12-15 14:58   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2015-12-15 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, Dec 14 2015, Dan Christensen wrote:

> I currently have a keystroke that trains my spam filter, and moves the
> article away,

Hi Dan,

Could you post that piece of code please?

TIA,
--
           Peter

* Re: training spam filter
@ 2015-12-15 17:17     ` Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 2015-12-15 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Dec 15, 2015, Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14 2015, Dan Christensen wrote:
>
>> I currently have a keystroke that trains my spam filter, and moves the
>> article away,
>
> Could you post that piece of code please?

It's below.

Dan

; This is copied from someone else, and then modified by me.
; Search for *** below for where customization is needed.

(setq rgb/gnus-spam-groups '("nnfolder:spam" "nnimap+foo:spam"))

(defun rgb/gnus-treat-ham-or-spam (&optional n)
  "Handle SpamAssassin misses (in ham groups) and false
  positives (if in spam group)"
  (interactive "P")
  (let* ((ham-or-spam (if (member gnus-newsgroup-name rgb/gnus-spam-groups)
                          "ham"
                        "spam"))
         (prompt (format "Treating article %%s as %s...%%s" ham-or-spam))
         (pipe   (format "sa --%s"                          ham-or-spam))
	 ; Where to move the message after processing:  ***
         (group  (if (equal ham-or-spam "ham") "nnimap+foo:Inbox" "nnimap+foo:spam")))

    (save-excursion
      (dolist (article (gnus-summary-work-articles n))
        (message prompt article "")
        (gnus-summary-goto-subject article)
        (gnus-summary-show-raw-article)
	(if (equal ham-or-spam "spam")
	    (gnus-summary-mark-article article gnus-expirable-mark t)
	  (gnus-summary-mark-article article gnus-unread-mark t))
        ; t arg is a recent addition, to ensure article is raw:
        (gnus-summary-save-in-pipe pipe t)
        ;(message prompt article "done")
	)

    (gnus-summary-move-article nil group)))

  (gnus-summary-expand-window)
  (gnus-summary-next-subject 1)
  (gnus-summary-recenter)
  (gnus-summary-position-point)
  (gnus-set-mode-line 'summary))

(define-key gnus-summary-mode-map [?$ ?$] 'rgb/gnus-treat-ham-or-spam)

On the machine that runs spamassassin, ~/bin/sa contains:

#!/bin/sh
# Usage: cat message | sa --spam   [or --ham]
sa-learn $1 --no-sync

On another machine, ~/bin/sa contains:  ***

#!/bin/sh
# Usage: cat message | sa --spam   [or --ham]
ssh host.that.runs.spamassassin sa-learn $1 --no-sync

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-15 17:35     ` Nikolaus Rath
From: Nikolaus Rath @ 2015-12-15 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Dec 14 2015, Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca> wrote:
> With IMAP clients, you can move messages to the Trash,
[...]

Some clients may offer this, but it's highly misleading. IMAP doesn't
move messages to trash, it flags them as "deleted". Once you "expunge" a
mailbox, all mail flagged as "deleted" actually gets deleted.

There are two ways to implement a trash folder:

1. A virtual folder that shows only messages flagged as deleted.

2. An actual IMAP folder, and when the client "deletes" something, it
   actually moves the message to this folder. I would count that as
   deliberate abuse of the protocol.

Best,
-Nikolaus

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-15 18:40         ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 2015-12-15 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Russ writes:

>> - Everything is HTML email and everything has italics and bold and emojis
>>   and embedded images and tables and whatnot all day long, and Gnus HTML
>>   rendering is both very slow and doesn't really do justice to that
>>   stuff

> Have you tried this since Lars created shr/eww? I think it was quite an
> improvement.

I did, and shr was even less readable.  Maybe I'm just missing some sort
of tuning?  I'll have to try it again, with a bit more persistence.

--

@ 2015-12-15 19:44     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-12-15 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Peter writes:

> On Mon, Dec 14 2015, Dan Christensen wrote:

>> I currently have a keystroke that trains my spam filter, and moves the
>> article away,

> Could you post that piece of code please?

With the built in spam.el, you use $ to mark an article as spam, and the
filter is trained on all such marked articles, and they are moved to the
spam group, when exiting the group.

(spam.el is immensely configurable¹, so what happens all depends on your
configuration.)

I agree blasting the articles away dynamically would give some nice
pizzazz to handling spam.

Maybe a little animation and a happy melody playing?

On second thought, maybe that is a little over the top.

  Best regards,

    Adam

¹ Arguably too configurable, I would say.

--
 "This Interweb thing, it might just catch on, I'm            Adam Sjøgren
  telling you."                                          asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-20  0:36     ` Tim Landscheidt
From: Tim Landscheidt @ 2015-12-20  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

>> What can we come up with for you to work on...

> Uh, uh, uh, I got one! How about something to make Gnus handle the pesky
> corporate style of ever expanding TOFU-emails?

> I think Gmail and others have adapted a way of displaying these emails
> in a sort of collapsed way, so you don't get so depressed about the
> repetition¹.

> Maybe there already is a good solution for this, that I have overlooked?

> […]

W W C-c looks promising (with the default configuration),
but if there is a more limited setting (apply only at the
bottom of a message), I'd prefer that.

Tim

* Re: Possible ideas for "inbox zero"
@ 2015-12-25  4:01       ` Tim Landscheidt
From: Tim Landscheidt @ 2015-12-25  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I wrote:

>>> What can we come up with for you to work on...

>> Uh, uh, uh, I got one! How about something to make Gnus handle the pesky
>> corporate style of ever expanding TOFU-emails?

>> I think Gmail and others have adapted a way of displaying these emails
>> in a sort of collapsed way, so you don't get so depressed about the
>> repetition¹.

>> Maybe there already is a good solution for this, that I have overlooked?

>> […]

> W W C-c looks promising (with the default configuration),
> but if there is a more limited setting (apply only at the
> bottom of a message), I'd prefer that.

While still interested in the collapsed-TOFU-thing, I just
found gnus-article-skip-boring.  It shows the quote, but
skips it with SPC (my modus operandi) and so is "good
enough" for going through a group.

Tim

* Re: training spam filter
@ 2016-03-07 13:58       ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2016-03-07 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 20:44:02 +0100 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> With the built in spam.el, you use $ to mark an article as spam, and the
AS> filter is trained on all such marked articles, and they are moved to the
AS> spam group, when exiting the group.

AS> (spam.el is immensely configurable¹, so what happens all depends on your
AS> configuration.)

AS> I agree blasting the articles away dynamically would give some nice
AS> pizzazz to handling spam.

You can definitely delete articles after training with spam.el.

AS> Maybe a little animation and a happy melody playing?

AS> On second thought, maybe that is a little over the top.

Matrix-style shredding! Yeah!

Ted

* Re: training spam filter
@ 2016-03-07 14:11         ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-03-07 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted writes:

> On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 20:44:02 +0100 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

> AS> I agree blasting the articles away dynamically would give some nice
> AS> pizzazz to handling spam.

> You can definitely delete articles after training with spam.el.

I think the point was to update the *Summary* buffer dynamically?

Perhaps with an animation?

Ok, over the top again.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "It troo! Dat darn Kahlfin stole ma spacechip!"              Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: training spam filter
@ 2016-03-07 15:10           ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2016-03-07 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 07 Mar 2016 15:11:22 +0100 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> Ted writes:
>> On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 20:44:02 +0100 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> I agree blasting the articles away dynamically would give some nice
AS> pizzazz to handling spam.

>> You can definitely delete articles after training with spam.el.

AS> I think the point was to update the *Summary* buffer dynamically?

AS> Perhaps with an animation?

AS> Ok, over the top again.

Oh, OK, got it.

It's definitely possible, and if there's one thing I've learned from
Gnus, it's that there's no such thing as "too much customization" :)

The code is in `spam-copy-or-move-routine' but that's called just once.
To call it once per article, you could advise
`gnus-summary-delete-article'.

Ted

* Re: training spam filter
@ 2016-03-07 16:36             ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-03-07 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted writes:

> It's definitely possible, and if there's one thing I've learned from
> Gnus, it's that there's no such thing as "too much customization" :)

I think I learned from spam.el that there is... O:-)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Do not feed the oysters under the clouds"                   Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk