From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Default encryption for Message
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 14:49:39 +0200	[thread overview]

>> "Jens" == Jens Lechtenboerger <jens.lechtenboerger@fsfe.org> writes:

   > Hi there,

   > My stance on encryption is simple: The Internet is a hostile place,
   > where all personal communication must be encrypted. Network
   > software should perform encryption by default and require a
   > conscious decision on the user’s part to send out plaintext. Based
   > on this conviction I have been maintaining DefaultEncrypt (and
   > ExtendSMIME) for some time [1]:
   > http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DefaultEncrypt

Hi,

I wrote a small hack for bbdb, so depending on your bbdb entry the
message is

    -  encrypted+signed (pgp, mime)

    -  encripted+signed (smime)

Where I use epg and gpgsm or (gpg)[1] (I use encrypt-to option in
gpgsm.conf. And I am not sure whether I understand your comment on
emacswiki). It seems that your approach is more general not relying on
bbdb, am I correct?

I have no real strong opinions on the questions you asked, only I hope
that none of your change will break backwards compatibility.

Uwe Brauer

Footnotes:
[1]  I prefer smime over pgp, simply it is easier for the average user
     (my corresponds) to set up and the key interchange is also simpler
     since the public key is embedded in the signature.