* Coaching on attachment proceedure
@ 2013-05-04  1:22 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2013-05-04  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Running a month or so behind latest gnus. On Emacs-24

Need some coaching on attaching images.

I know the basic commands and how to attach images 1 by 1, but
wondering if there is a way to attach a bunch of images all at once.

Maybe attach a directory containing multiple images?

I realize I could do this by zipping or raring etc but wondering if
there is a way with no compression.

There are occasions when the person on receiving end might be
flummoxed by receiving a zip, rar etc attachment.

* Re: Coaching on attachment proceedure
@ 2013-05-04  2:44 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2013-05-04  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Running a month or so behind latest gnus. On Emacs-24
>
> Need some coaching on attaching images.
>
> I know the basic commands and how to attach images 1 by 1, but
> wondering if there is a way to attach a bunch of images all at once.
>
> Maybe attach a directory containing multiple images?
>
> I realize I could do this by zipping or raring etc but wondering if
> there is a way with no compression.
>
> There are occasions when the person on receiving end might be
> flummoxed by receiving a zip, rar etc attachment.

One option is using gnus-dired-mode, which comes with gnus. This way you
can mark files in dired, then call `gnus-dired-attach', and they'll be
attached either to a new message or an existing method.

It's sort of "backwards" (works from dired, not from within a message)
compared to what you're asking for, but it's probably the simplest
solution...

Hope that's useful,
Eric

* Re: Coaching on attachment proceedure
@ 2013-05-04  3:14 ` Leonidas Tsampros
From: Leonidas Tsampros @ 2013-05-04  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Putnam; +Cc: ding

> Running a month or so behind latest gnus. On Emacs-24
>
> Need some coaching on attaching images.
>
> I know the basic commands and how to attach images 1 by 1, but
> wondering if there is a way to attach a bunch of images all at once.
>
> Maybe attach a directory containing multiple images?
>
> I realize I could do this by zipping or raring etc but wondering if
> there is a way with no compression.
>
> There are occasions when the person on receiving end might be
> flummoxed by receiving a zip, rar etc attachment.

Please check chapter 9.19 of the Gnus manual. There is interaction with
dired mode so you can mark files in dired and send them as attachments.

* Re: Coaching on attachment proceedure
@ 2013-05-04 16:11   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2013-05-04 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

[...]

>> Maybe attach a directory containing multiple images?

[...]

> One option is using gnus-dired-mode, which comes with gnus. This way you
> can mark files in dired, then call `gnus-dired-attach', and they'll be
> attached either to a new message or an existing method.

Thanks for that tip.

[...]

Leonidas Tsampros <ltsampros@upnet.gr> writes:

[...]

> Please check chapter 9.19 of the Gnus manual. There is interaction with
> dired mode so you can mark files in dired and send them as attachments.

And thanks for pinpointing it in the manual.