On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:34:08 +0200 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote: AS> When I try that, I get the same colours and the same tooltips as in AS> Firefox. AS> Otherwise I wouldn't have linked to the example. AS> (With the patch applied, of course.) I must be doing something wrong, Adam. I eval-ed your `shr-tag-span' function and the buffer still looks the same. I'd just like to provide a more direct way of viewing the titles *in addition* to tooltips as you had it. See attached patch. AS> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:14:46 -0500, Ted wrote: >> Anyhow, what's wrong with a "toggle-titles" command for shr.el? AS> Nothing, I think you should go for it :-) It would be great if someone who knew shr.el did it similarly to the way `shr-show-alt-text' and `shr-insert-image' work, plus added a way (maybe with display properties) to toggle the titles in the buffer. My first attempt is attached but I think it's overeager: on your example, "M-: (shr-show-title)" shows "Blue" everywhere in the buffer. Thanks Ted