Dave Goldberg writes: > > Anyway, I've now tested STARTTLS with a test server, and ironed out a > > bug in the connection code, so it now Works For Me. Give it a > > whirl... It works just fine for me now as well. starttls in Gnus 5.13 never did. > It's working great for me now (git pull as of 5 minutes ago - I'm not > familiar with git - is there a way to report a version snapshot?). Usually `git describe` is most useful, but that relies on annotated tags in the repository, which currently aren't there for Gnus. As an alternative, the commit IDs are a good way of identifying a certain snapshot as well, although you'll have to have a repository around to make some sense of it. You can retrieve that with, for example, `git rev-parse HEAD'.