* observation re imap-ping-server vs. dovecot and exchange
@ 2009-04-30  7:16 Paul Collins
From: Paul Collins @ 2009-04-30  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I recently started using Gnus with Microsoft Exchange IMAP at work, and
also switched my personal mail setup from an ssh tunnel invoking
/usr/lib/dovecot/imap directly on the server to regular old IMAP.  In
both cases I am using TLS via gnutls-bin.

I had a lot of problems with the servers closing the connection at
random inconvenient times and went on the hunt for a solution.  Along
the way I came across `imap-ping-server' and resolved to try it, only to
discover that it was already set to t.  I have now set it to nil.  So
far Gnus's gnutls-bin to Dovecot has been running for four hours, and my
problems with Exchange seem to have cleared up as well.

--
Paul Collins Wellington, New Zealand

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-04-30  7:16 UTC | newest]