* Re: gnus-article-banner-alist example
       [not found] <86zlkds0p6.fsf@krass.thusast.myipcn.org>
@ 2008-11-06 20:24 ` Reiner Steib
       [not found]   ` <8663n0s93h.fsf@krass.thusast.myipcn.org>
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-11-06 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Xu; +Cc: ding, bugs

On Thu, Nov 06 2008, Benjamin Xu wrote:

> I am using Gnus v0.6 with Emacs 23.0.60.1

When using Emacs 23 from CVS you should better use the Gnus bundled
with Emacs.  (No Gnus v0.6 is not current.)

> I have just figured out a regexp to strip Google Groups banner.
>
> ((googleGroups . "^\n*--~--~---------\\(.+\n\\)+"))

The regexp could be made more specific.  Here is an example from
<http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.cryptopp>:

> While the default example of variable "gnus-article-banner-alist" only
> contains Yahoo banner stripping.

Yes, both, the manual and the custom choice for the variable could
include ready-to-use examples.  Same for
`gnus-article-address-banner-alist'.

Any takers?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

@ 2008-11-07  8:20     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-11-07  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Xu; +Cc: ding

[ Adding ding@gnus.org again.  Please don't reply off-list, i.e. use
  `F' or some other "wide reply" command.  Thanks. ]

On Fri, Nov 07 2008, Benjamin Xu wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>> Here is an example from
>> <http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.cryptopp>:
>
> What does this link mean? It is about C#, not regexp.

It simply was an example for a banner from a "Google Group".

>> Any takers?
>
> What about me?

Why not? :-) In case your contribution (preferably a diff against the
current version) exceeds ~15 lines, we need a copyright assignment,
though.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,