* [jidanni@jidanni.org: fill Help sentences]
@ 2007-09-03 18:25 Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2007-09-03 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Would people please DTRT?

To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
From: jidanni@jidanni.org
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:20:23 +0800
Subject: fill Help sentences

Allow us to examine rather long Help results lines like
gnus-summary-sort-by-author is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
The problem is that this line wraps most dismayingly on my VT100, OK?
So do fill-paragraph on it or something before exposing it to the user.

* Re: [jidanni@jidanni.org: fill Help sentences]
@ 2007-09-04  7:56 ` Stephen Berman
From: Stephen Berman @ 2007-09-04  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:25:50 -0400 Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:

> Would people please DTRT?
>

> From: jidanni@jidanni.org
> Subject: fill Help sentences
> To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:20:23 +0800
>
> Allow us to examine rather long Help results lines like
> gnus-summary-sort-by-author is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.
> The problem is that this line wraps most dismayingly on my VT100, OK?
> So do fill-paragraph on it or something before exposing it to the user.

This is an Emacs, not a Gnus, problem:

C-h f srb-diary-todo-included-cleanup
==>
srb-diary-todo-included-cleanup is a Lisp function in `/users/steve/.emacs.d/srb-todo+cal+diary+appt.el'.
(srb-diary-todo-included-cleanup)

Not documented.

Steve Berman