* The old display html question
@ 2006-07-04 12:02 reader
From: reader @ 2006-07-04 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've lost track somewhere along the way if there is a nifty way to
display html in kde's konqueror (or firefox).

I get too many mesgs that display poorly in w3m.  Or I find going
between gnus navigation and w3m navigation too harsh.

We can make links display in konqueror just fine.  How about the main
message when desired?

* Re: The old display html question
@ 2006-07-14  8:07 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-07-14  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jul 04 2006, reader@newsguy.com wrote:

> I've lost track somewhere along the way if there is a nifty way to
> display html in kde's konqueror (or firefox).

In No Gnus there is...

,----[ <f1> f gnus-article-browse-html-article RET ]

`----

> I get too many mesgs that display poorly in w3m.  Or I find going
> between gnus navigation and w3m navigation too harsh.
>
> We can make links display in konqueror just fine.  How about the main
> message when desired?

Sorry, I don't understand this question.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: The old display html question
@ 2006-07-16 13:01   ` reader
From: reader @ 2006-07-16 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Tue, Jul 04 2006, reader@newsguy.com wrote:
>
>> I've lost track somewhere along the way if there is a nifty way to
>> display html in kde's konqueror (or firefox).
>
> In No Gnus there is...
>
> ,----[ <f1> f gnus-article-browse-html-article RET ]
> | gnus-article-browse-html-article is an interactive compiled Lisp
> | function in `gnus-art'.
> | It is bound to K H, <menu-bar> <Article> <MIME> <Multipart> <View
> | HTML parts in browser>.
> | (gnus-article-browse-html-article)
> |
> | View "text/html" parts of the current article with a WWW browser.
> `----

Ahh yes that works very well and is just what I was after.  Thanks

>> I get too many mesgs that display poorly in w3m.  Or I find going
>> between gnus navigation and w3m navigation too harsh.
>>
>> We can make links display in konqueror just fine.  How about the main
>> message when desired?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand this question.

I was saying when I render a message with w3m inside gnus I have to go
from the way gnus navigates mail (basically like a text file) where
arrow down scrolls line by line to the way w3m navigates which is
quite different.

I've always found that to be a pain or bothersome.  Going outside gnus
to an html browser somehow it doesn't seem like the change in key bd
actions is noticable then.

The comment about making links display with konqueror ... was answered by
what you posted. In fact both things are taken care of by K H.