On 12 mai 2003, gs234@cam.ac.uk wrote: > On 12 mai 2003, kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com wrote: > >Gaute B Strokkenes writes: > > > >>Then there would be no way to send mail without temporarily setting > >>gnus-agent-queue-mail to t or nil. > > > >That last part was what I was hoping to here. Wouldn't your patch > >work just as well if you bound gnus-agent-queue-mail to nil as your > >original bind of message-send-mail-real-function? > > You're quite right; that is a better way to do it. > > >>Hmm. Actually, is is possible to enter the queue group and send > >>messages with `D s' and `D S'. I need to take care of those cases > >>as well. > > > >Hmmm... I'm glad you thought of that now. > > I'll move the rebinding down to gnus-draft-send, suitably guarded. Here is an improved version: 2003-05-12 Gaute B Strokkenes * gnus-agent.el (gnus-agent-queue-mail): New variable. (gnus-agent-send-mail): Use it. * gnus-draft.el (gnus-group-send-queue): Pass the group name "nndraft:queue" along to gnus-draft-send. (gnus-draft-send): Rebind gnus-agent-queue-mail to nil when group is "nndraft:queue". I was slightly unsure about passing "nndraft:queue" down to gnus-draft-send. The reason for this is that gnus-draft-send seems to use this argument in non-obvious ways to set several message-related variables. However it already special-cases "nndraft:queue" and I made sure the behaviour is not actually changed. I haven't implemented a butt-saver for Kai, though. I'll have to find out how...