On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > When I woke up today, I had 75 new mail messages. Out of these, 72 > were spam. And all different. Yay, SPAM. > It's getting pretty annoying. *nod* It did for me. Then I found something to do about it. ;) > Has anybody done any thinking about how to tie Gnus into the various > spam inhibitants that exist? Yup. > I could easily see doing splitting based on ordb/Vipul's > Razor/Spamassassin/etc, SpamAssassin has been the best tool for that sort of thing that I have met so far. It's based on a heuristic system -- assign points for a match in ORBZ, Razor, et al. Given the number of inaccurate reports or deliberate poisonings of ORBZ and Razor, and the occasional response like "oh, yes, it is an incorrect listing. Wait a week and it will expire naturally" from SpamCop... ...having something that treats them as a hint, not an accurate binary yes/no, would be good. > and having single-stroke commands in Gnus for reporting spam to the > proper instances. I have some fairly hackish code that did that for SpamAssassin. > Say, `y' to send the spam for open relay checking, Razoring, > assassination and all the rest. If you want to write this, the following things would be great: * pipe message through a clean-up filter. * send to one or more addresses as a 'bounce' (filtered message as is.) * send to one or more addresses as an rfc822 attachment. * pipe message through one or more reporting filters. * optionally delete the message. * optionally move the message to a different folder (and backend). That way I could meet the various submission requirements around the place. :) Anyway, I had not gotten the round tuits needed to bring the code up to date from when it only did a forward-attached to SpamCop. Here it is. I have signed my papers and everything so feel free to use this as a basis for something more sensible. Daniel