From: Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
Subject: Re: New nnml groups not shown in *Groups*, `j' shows them as Killed?
Date: 30 Jan 2002 16:53:04 -0500	[thread overview]

Josh Huber <huber@alum.wpi.edu> writes:

> try setting gnus-subscribe-options-newsgroup-method to something
> else...
>
> Look at the documentation for gnus-auto-subscribed-groups:

It looks like it should get my nnml groups:

  gnus-auto-subscribed-groups's value is
  "nnml\\|^nnfolder\\|^nnmbox\\|^nnmh\\|^nnbabyl"

> New groups that match this regexp will not be handled by
> `gnus-subscribe-newsgroup-method'.  Instead, they will
> be subscribed using `gnus-subscribe-options-newsgroup-method'.

And it looks like it should subscribe in alpha order:

  gnus-subscribe-options-newsgroup-method's value is
  gnus-subscribe-alphabetically

Perhaps it is, but these groups have Killed status so I'd never see
them, whether auto-subscribed alpha, or any other way. It's as if it's
instead set to gnus-subscribe-killed.  I'll try setting it to
gnus-subscribe-hierarchically.

In the mean time, is there a convenient way to unkill all my new and
killed nnml groups so I can see them, short of using `j' to get into
them over and over?

Thanks.