* gnus does not show multipart messages
@ 2001-09-14  9:52 Robert Hoehndorf
From: Robert Hoehndorf @ 2001-09-14  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I just updated to the recent CVS version of Oort Gnus.
Now Gnus does not show multipart messages anymore, I
get the following error instead:
  Symbol's function definition is void: mailcap-parse-mailcaps
and a buffer with only the headers of the message.
Before I used an older version of Oort Gnus 0.04, and I had no problems.
I tried the last release of May 1st, and it did not work either.
Any idea?

Mfg, Robert
--
.signature empty

* Re: gnus does not show multipart messages
@ 2001-09-14 11:38 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-09-14 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Robert Hoehndorf <mai01alq@studserv.uni-leipzig.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just updated to the recent CVS version of Oort Gnus.
> Now Gnus does not show multipart messages anymore, I
> get the following error instead:
>   Symbol's function definition is void: mailcap-parse-mailcaps
> and a buffer with only the headers of the message.

Please M-x toggle-debug-on-error RET and post the backtrace.

* Re: gnus does not show multipart messages
@ 2001-09-14 16:21 ` Kim Minh Kaplan
From: Kim Minh Kaplan @ 2001-09-14 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Hoehndorf writes:

>   Symbol's function definition is void: mailcap-parse-mailcaps

Make sure you are loading the mailcap from Gnus and not another one
(M-x locate-library mailcap).

Kim Minh.