From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: face problem when lowering the score
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 20:57:18 +0100	[thread overview]

>>> "ESF" == Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> On Tuesday,  8 Mar 2022 at 16:55, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>> I just realized that I have to carefully check the setting of
>> gnus-summary-highlight

> yes, that would affect the display!  Hope you sort it out.
Here is what I did. I deleted all my gnus-summary-highlight setting in
my custom file and restarted emacs and gnus, now the default
gnus-summary-highlight setting is confusing to say the least and frankly
I am more on Eric's side and thinking that the setting needs to be
extended for example for the scoring.

Here is the setting what confuses me is the true setting for scroe
default-high and low

So there is stuff like

(and
   (> score default-high)
   (or
    (eq mark gnus-dormant-mark)
    (eq mark gnus-ticked-mark)))
  . gnus-summary-high-ticked)

But also

 ((and
   (> score default-high)
   (eq mark gnus-ancient-mark))
  . gnus-summary-high-ancient)
 ((and
   (< score default-low)
   (eq mark gnus-ancient-mark))
  . gnus-summary-low-ancient)

So what is the reason, what is relevant here

If somebody can enlighten I would be grateful
(((eq mark gnus-canceled-mark)
  . gnus-summary-cancelled) ; not relevant
 ((and uncached
       (> score default-high))
  . gnus-summary-high-undownloaded)
 ((and uncached
       (< score default-low))
  . gnus-summary-low-undownloaded)
 (uncached . gnus-summary-normal-undownloaded)
 ((and
   (> score default-high)
   (or
    (eq mark gnus-dormant-mark)
    (eq mark gnus-ticked-mark)))
  . gnus-summary-high-ticked)
 ((and
   (< score default-low)
   (or
    (eq mark gnus-dormant-mark)
    (eq mark gnus-ticked-mark)))
  . gnus-summary-low-ticked)
 ((or
   (eq mark gnus-dormant-mark)
   (eq mark gnus-ticked-mark))
  . gnus-summary-normal-ticked)
 ((and
   (> score default-high)
   (eq mark gnus-ancient-mark))
  . gnus-summary-high-ancient)
 ((and
   (< score default-low)
   (eq mark gnus-ancient-mark))
  . gnus-summary-low-ancient)
 ((eq mark gnus-ancient-mark)
  . gnus-summary-normal-ancient)
 ((and
   (> score default-high)
   (eq mark gnus-unread-mark))
  . gnus-summary-high-unread)
 ((and
   (< score default-low)
   (eq mark gnus-unread-mark))
  . gnus-summary-low-unread)
 ((eq mark gnus-unread-mark)
  . gnus-summary-normal-unread)
 ((> score default-high)
  . gnus-summary-high-read)
 ((< score default-low)
  . gnus-summary-low-read)
 (t . gnus-summary-normal-read))

> --
I strongly condem Putin's war of agression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.
I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.
https://how-to-help-ukraine-now.super.site/