* Agent Article Downloading
@ 2015-12-15 21:33 David Hume
From: David Hume @ 2015-12-15 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I am reposting this as it didn't turn up. I have found a work-around of
sorts, which is to type something like escape 1000 @ which toggles the
download flag for 1000 articles and then it is possible to fetch
them. But I think I must be missing something.

Original article:

What is the meaning of "eligible" as in Fetch all eligible articles in
the current group (gnus-agent-fetch-groups)?

I have enabled Gnus Agent, and created a category called "download", and
put a newsgroup into that category. I have set the predicate for the
category to "true" and also the score to "true" (although I am not sure
if that is a valid value for score). And I have added the server to
Agent (or added the agent to the server) so it appears with agent in
brackets in the server buffer.

So now if I go in the group and read an article it downloads the article
and puts it in ~/News/agent... in a file whose name is an article
number.

So, the question is, how do I get it to download all the articles, at
least the number specified in  (gnus-newsgroup-maximum-articles ) ? If I
select Agent -> Fetch -> Group it doesn't seem to do anything,
usually. I did see it do something on one occasion but haven't been able
to recreate the situation.

* Re: Agent Article Downloading
@ 2016-02-06  6:27 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-02-06  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Hume; +Cc: ding

David Hume <a10086773@hushmail.com> writes:

> So, the question is, how do I get it to download all the articles, at
> least the number specified in  (gnus-newsgroup-maximum-articles ) ? If I
> select Agent -> Fetch -> Group it doesn't seem to do anything,
> usually. I did see it do something on one occasion but haven't been able
> to recreate the situation.

It should fetch all articles that are unread, at least.  I don't think
it'll fetch read articles...