* Verbose “security buttons”
@ 2014-09-24 15:28 Christoph Groth
From: Christoph Groth @ 2014-09-24 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,  I'm using recent Gnus with epg for encryption/signing.  The
standard way to show whether signatures are OK seems to be the
“security buttons” so I enabled them.  I wonder why they are so
verbose and whether this can be changed.   This is, for example,
what is shown at the top of a message encrypted and signed by
myself:

[[PGP Encrypted Part:OK Good signature from C3F147F5980F3535
Christoph Groth <christoph@grothesque.org> (trust ultimate)
created at 2014-09-22T13:31:43+0200 using RSA]]

I find that this is not necessary.  Wouldn’t it be enough to just
show [[PGP Encrypted Part:OK (trust ultimate)]]?  The security
buttons have functionality to show more details upon request, but
this is not used here.

Is this so by design?  Is it configurable? (mml2015.el contains various
“clear” varians of functions but I don’t understand how they are
supposed to be used.)

If not, would a patch be welcome that fixes this?

Christoph

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Verbose “security buttons”
@ 2015-01-27  3:05 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-01-27  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Groth; +Cc: ding

Christoph Groth <christoph@grothesque.org> writes:

> [[PGP Encrypted Part:OK Good signature from C3F147F5980F3535 Christoph
> Groth <christoph@grothesque.org> (trust ultimate) created at
> 2014-09-22T13:31:43+0200 using RSA]]

[...]

> If not, would a patch be welcome that fixes this?

That does seem way excessive.  I'm not familiar with the epg code, so
I'm not really sure whether all this is what you'd expect to see.
Anybody?

If nobody objects, a patch to make this stuff less verbose would be
welcome.