* gnus-registry causes an error whenever saving newsrc file
@ 2013-02-18 13:04 TSUCHIYA Masatoshi
From: TSUCHIYA Masatoshi @ 2013-02-18 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I am using the byte-compiled head version of the master branch of Gnus,
and am using gnus-registry.  In these several months, I always see the
following error whenever saving newsrc file.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function some)
  some(#[(entry-key) "..." [entry-key precious] 2] ((subject ...)))
  ...snip...
  registry-prune(...)
  ...snip...
  gnus-registry-save()
  run-hooks(gnus-save-newsrc-hook)
  apply(run-hooks gnus-save-newsrc-hook)
  gnus-run-hooks(gnus-save-newsrc-hook)
  gnus-save-newsrc-file(nil)
  gnus-group-save-newsrc(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-group-save-newsrc nil nil)

I think that the above error is caused by the fact that `some' is not
declared as an inline function, but cannot find a solution to avoid this
problem.  Could you help me?

--
TSUCHIYA Masatoshi

* Re: gnus-registry causes an error whenever saving newsrc file
@ 2013-02-18 13:33 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2013-02-18 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:04:32 +0900 TSUCHIYA Masatoshi <tsuchiya@namazu.org> wrote:

TM> I am using the byte-compiled head version of the master branch of Gnus,
TM> and am using gnus-registry.  In these several months, I always see the
TM> following error whenever saving newsrc file.

TM> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function some)
TM>   some(#[(entry-key) "..." [entry-key precious] 2] ((subject ...)))
TM>   ...snip...
TM>   registry-prune(...)
TM>   ...snip...
TM>   gnus-registry-save()
TM>   run-hooks(gnus-save-newsrc-hook)
TM>   apply(run-hooks gnus-save-newsrc-hook)
TM>   gnus-run-hooks(gnus-save-newsrc-hook)
TM>   gnus-save-newsrc-file(nil)
TM>   gnus-group-save-newsrc(nil)
TM>   call-interactively(gnus-group-save-newsrc nil nil)

TM> I think that the above error is caused by the fact that `some' is not
TM> declared as an inline function, but cannot find a solution to avoid this
TM> problem.  Could you help me?

I have not seen this error.  It seems to be related to Emacs' move to
use `cl-' as the prefix of these functions, but `cl.el' should define
the `some' alias to `cl-some'.  Could you check?  `cl.el' is required by
`gnus-registry.el':

#+begin_src lisp
(eval-when-compile (require 'cl))
#+end_src

so this seems like maybe you have an older `cl.el' in your load path?

I am using a dev version of Emacs compiled last week and the registry
works for me.

Ted