From: Leonidas Tsampros <ltsampros@upnet.gr>
To: Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Tutorials and worg like site for gnus.
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:02:53 +0300	[thread overview]

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:32:48 +0300 Leonidas Tsampros <ltsampros@upnet.gr> wrote:
>
> LT> While I've been trying to keep myself as far as possible from git-gnus
> LT> (It's not for the faint hearted), it would be very much intresting to
> LT> see what will Cloudy Gnus has to offer from a feature perspective and
> LT> what old functionality is expected to break.
>
> It's vaporware.  I want it to allow synchronizing almost everything
> about Gnus to a central server (with a fallback to local storage so
> everything will work as you'd expect).  I think Lars and Julien are sort
> of interested in the same features but we will probably end up chewing
> over this a lot once No Gnus is final.

That was my understanding too but I think I got a little bit lost in
translation while reading the thread.

All in all, I think that's a great idea, if for example my laptop gnus
could sync with my desktop through a tramp method once in a
while. (unison experiments were painful to put it mildly :P)

However, in order to get people test stuff, changes have to be carefully
planned and rolled out. Mail are precious to most of us. And towards
this I'm asking this one thing:

How often and when is the gnus trunk pushed to the emacs bzr trunk? (I
know that it happens, albeit I have not found any specific information
on these stuff).

Knowing the answer to the above will help me to understand which trunk
to follow, because, you know, following two different moving targets is
already complicated and prone to errors.

> LT> Is there any comprehensive list of things that WILL be changed and are
> LT> expected to break in the near future with regards to the standard
> LT> functionality that is already offered by Gnus?
>
> No, it's vaporware :)
>
> Ted

Thanks!

Leonidas