* funny behaviour after last message
@ 2011-02-20  5:26 Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz @ 2011-02-20  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

hi,

i'm using emacs-snapshot (a recent 24.0.50), which comes with a recent
gnus 5.13.  since a couple of weeks ago, i'm experiencing what i
consider a misbehaviour.

i use a three pane layout, like this:

|           |                               |
|           |                               |
|           |        Summary                |
|           |                               |
| Group     |-------------------------------|
|           |                               |
|           |                               |
|           |                               |
|           |        Article                |
|           |                               |
|           |                               |
|           |                               |

now, when i'm in the last message of the summary and press, say, 'n' (or
any other command that would leave the current group), i get, as usual,
a message in the minibuffer telling me to press again 'n' (or whatever)
to enter the next group.

it used to be the case that if i cancelled this prompt with C-g, the
summary would recover focus (i.e., summary was retaining the focus).
but these days, it's group which gets the focus after C-g.  as a result,
one ends up in the group Group buffer, and has to navigate manually to
summary to continue to work there and properly exit the group.

what's worse, if, at the minibuffer prompt, one press 'q', it used to be
the case that the current group was closed (since Summary was the active
buffer receiving the 'q' command, i guess), but now what happens is that
Gnus is exited (or one gets a prompt to that effect, with the default
configuration), since the 'q' command is received by the Group buffer
instead of the Summary buffer.

is anybody else experiencing this problem?

thanks in advance,
jao
--
Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.
  - Alan Perlis, Epigrams in Programing

* Re: funny behaviour after last message
@ 2011-02-21  2:01 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-02-21  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao@gnu.org> writes:

> i'm using emacs-snapshot (a recent 24.0.50), which comes with a recent
> gnus 5.13.  since a couple of weeks ago, i'm experiencing what i
> consider a misbehaviour.
>
> i use a three pane layout, like this:

Geeze.  I have no idea why that happens, but I've now added a kludge
that seems to fix it.  Can you try it, too?

* Re: funny behaviour after last message
@ 2011-02-21 10:06   ` Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz @ 2011-02-21 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, Feb 21 2011, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <jao@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> i'm using emacs-snapshot (a recent 24.0.50), which comes with a recent
>> gnus 5.13.  since a couple of weeks ago, i'm experiencing what i
>> consider a misbehaviour.
>>
>> i use a three pane layout, like this:
>
> Geeze.  I have no idea why that happens, but I've now added a kludge
> that seems to fix it.  Can you try it, too?

Yes, it works for me too.  Thanks!

jao
--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.