* Save mime parts : gnus-summary-save-parts
@ 2011-02-08 23:07 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-02-08 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nognus

Could someone confirm one way or another if gnus-summary-save-parts
works for them? I have an email with 6 jpeg attachments and I select a
directory to save them (X m) but nothing is saved on my setup.

* Re: Save mime parts : gnus-summary-save-parts
@ 2011-02-09  7:28 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-02-09  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Riley; +Cc: nognus

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> Could someone confirm one way or another if gnus-summary-save-parts
> works for them? I have an email with 6 jpeg attachments and I select a
> directory to save them (X m) but nothing is saved on my setup.

Richard, =X m= seems to work just fine for me (with gnus from git this
morning). I didn't try jpegs (didn't have a suitable email handy) but
chose "text/*" and I got all the bits I expected and none that I did not
expect.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1 + No Gnus v0.11

* Re: Save mime parts : gnus-summary-save-parts
@ 2011-02-09 11:13 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-02-09 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Could someone confirm one way or another if gnus-summary-save-parts
> works for them? I have an email with 6 jpeg attachments and I select a
> directory to save them (X m) but nothing is saved on my setup.

Do you have nnimap-fetch-partial-articles set?

I had it set, and encountered the behaviour you describe, and that was
so annoying that I just removed the setting.

To be able to see, or save, non-textual parts I did `A g' I think.
But that was too much of a nuisance.

Also, since I use agent, and save articles in the agent while reading
online, what ended up in the agent, was the version of the article
without the attachments (just empty MIME parts in place of the
attachments).

And that would potentially give unpleasant surprises when offline.

* Re: Save mime parts : gnus-summary-save-parts
@ 2011-02-09 13:36   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-02-09 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

>> Could someone confirm one way or another if gnus-summary-save-parts
>> works for them? I have an email with 6 jpeg attachments and I select a
>> directory to save them (X m) but nothing is saved on my setup.
>
> Do you have nnimap-fetch-partial-articles set?

Nope. (Funny enough I thought it was).

> I had it set, and encountered the behaviour you describe, and that was
> so annoying that I just removed the setting.
>
> To be able to see, or save, non-textual parts I did `A g' I think.
> But that was too much of a nuisance.
>
> Also, since I use agent, and save articles in the agent while reading
> online, what ended up in the agent, was the version of the article
> without the attachments (just empty MIME parts in place of the
> attachments).

Does this save happen automatically or do you initiate it?

> And that would potentially give unpleasant surprises when offline.

Gulp. The complexities never end ;)

Thanks for the replies.

--
☘ http://www.shamrockirishbar.com, http://splash-of-open-sauce.blogspot.com/ http://www.richardriley.net

* Re: Save mime parts : gnus-summary-save-parts
@ 2011-02-09 15:31     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-02-09 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> Also, since I use agent, and save articles in the agent while reading
>> online, [snip!]

> Does this save happen automatically or do you initiate it?

I initiate it, with the following code in .gnus.el:
 ;; Store article in agent when reading it while online
 (add-hook 'gnus-select-article-hook 'gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article)

It hasn't worked right since the nnimap rewrite, though.  I have tried
debugging it, but haven't found anything conclusive.
   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/72337

Unlike the subject of that thread says, it still caches when
reading... sometimes...