On Fri, Oct 08 2010, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Not. :-) You only know the number, not which ones, so you can't really > say what happened. But you do not care about which ones in the group buffer, I think. > If you had high 50, unseen 25, and it increase to high 55, unseen 23, > how do you know whether that's 5 new articles, and two old that were > read, or 1 new article, and three that were read? What's "high"? The last article number (UIDNEXT?) ? > Just work through the scenarios, and keep in mind that the UIDNEXT isn't > necessarily consecutive. I did not talk about UIDNEXT, but about UIDVALIDITY, which if it changes, indicate a change in the mailbox. My point is that in the *Group* buffer we (mostly) need how many messages and how many unread message there's in the group, and STATUS give that for free, with an indicator (UIDVALIDITY) indicating *if* we need to do a FETCH 1:* on group entering. :-) -- Julien Danjou // ᐰ http://julien.danjou.info