* help! Can't access gmail anymore
@ 2010-04-15 15:40 Santiago Mejia
From: Santiago Mejia @ 2010-04-15 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

A couple of days ago, I unexpectedly filled up all the native linux
partition of my hard drive.  I realized I had done so, because when I
tried to exit gnus, it told me that it could not write the file it
usually writes when exiting.  I then cleared up the space in the disk,
and exited my gnus session (apparently) without any problem and in all
normality.

However, ever since, I can't access my gmail e-mail through gnus: when I
try to enter "nnml+gmail:mail.misc" gnus complains:

"gnus-select-newsgroup: Couldn't activate group nnml+gmail:mail.misc: No such group: mail.misc"

My gmail e-mails are still there in my hard drive.  Any idea of what
caused the problem and how can I fixed it (I thought that solving this
was going to be trivial, but so far, google has not been of much avail).

Incidentally, in case this is helpful: 1) my Sent-mail group
(nnfolder+archive:Sent-mail) and drafts group (nndraft:drafts) are
working perfectly 2) When I go to the servers (with "^") and try
clicking in my gmail server (nnml:gmail), nothing shows up, not even a
single element.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Santiago Mejia.

* Re: help! Can't access gmail anymore
@ 2010-04-15 21:18 ` Andreas Seltenreich
From: Andreas Seltenreich @ 2010-04-15 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Santiago Mejia; +Cc: ding

Santiago Mejia writes:

> However, ever since, I can't access my gmail e-mail through gnus: when I
> try to enter "nnml+gmail:mail.misc" gnus complains:
>
> "gnus-select-newsgroup: Couldn't activate group nnml+gmail:mail.misc:
> No such group: mail.misc"

I suspect the active file got truncated when your disk ran full.

> My gmail e-mails are still there in my hard drive.  Any idea of what
> caused the problem and how can I fixed it (I thought that solving this
> was going to be trivial, but so far, google has not been of much
> avail).

If it's just a broken active file,

    M-x nnml-generate-nov-databases-directory RET

should bring your groups back.  If it doesn't help, I'm afraid
respooling those single files into a fresh nnml server is the next best
option.

HTH
Andreas