* create a second nnml server
@ 2009-01-11  6:53 Harry Putnam
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Harry Putnam @ 2009-01-11  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I remember there being directions to create the second server in Info.

But now I just find the virtual cache server... however it appears to
be the same procedure.

So in server buffer I've put this:

(nnml "nnml2"
      (nnml-directory "/cvsb/reader/home/reader/nnml2/")
      (nnml-active-file "cvsb/reader/home/reader/nnml2/active"))

And then copied an existing Mail/NEW directory with 25 messages to:
/cvsb/reader/home/reader/nnml2/NEW

I've tried creating an active file like:
cvsb/reader/home/reader/nnml2/active
New 25 1 y

And I've tried to subscribe to the NEW group by pressing <ENTER> on
nnml2 in server buffer, but with or without the active file... there
are no groups to subscribe to.

What am I leaving out or doing wrong?

* Re: create a second nnml server
@ 2009-01-11  7:15 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2009-01-11  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I remember there being directions to create the second server in Info.

Never... mind about getting it working.. I discovered my error.  Gnus
was looking for the address /cvsb/[...]  at ~/cvsb.

So I just created that symlink and all is working.

* Re: create a second nnml server
@ 2009-01-11 12:50   ` Dave Goldberg
From: Dave Goldberg @ 2009-01-11 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> I remember there being directions to create the second server in Info.

> Never... mind about getting it working.. I discovered my error.  Gnus
> was looking for the address /cvsb/[...]  at ~/cvsb.

> So I just created that symlink and all is working.

Perhaps because you forgot the leading / in nnml-active-file:

--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net

* Re: create a second nnml server
@ 2009-01-11 13:16 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2009-01-11 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 00:53:05 -0600, Harry wrote:

> And then copied an existing Mail/NEW directory with 25 messages to:
> /cvsb/reader/home/reader/nnml2/NEW

Maybe copying the messages using Gnus would have been even easier?

(That way you don't have to worry about what files to edit etc.)

  Just a thought :-),

    Adam

--
 "Limonès, c'est nous"                                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: create a second nnml server
@ 2009-01-11 17:22     ` Harry P
From: Harry P @ 2009-01-11 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Dave Goldberg <david.goldberg6@verizon.net> writes:

>> So I just created that symlink and all is working.
>
> Perhaps because you forgot the leading / in nnml-active-file:

gack.. yes indeed... probably don't need that symlink after all.

* Re: create a second nnml server
@ 2009-01-11 17:28   ` Harry P
From: Harry P @ 2009-01-11 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 00:53:05 -0600, Harry wrote:
>
>> And then copied an existing Mail/NEW directory with 25 messages to:
>> /cvsb/reader/home/reader/nnml2/NEW
>
> Maybe copying the messages using Gnus would have been even easier?
>
> (That way you don't have to worry about what files to edit etc.)

So, you are saying there is a way to create the group, active file and
all by copying through gnus?

Maybe it failed here because of the missing '/' Dave pointed out.
As I recall I did try something like that first but it never appeared
as group under that server.

But also consider that I expect to create directories full of
news/mail like files thru external searches or other means.  Then its
easier to just move the created directory into the nnml2 server area and
add it to the active file.  Otherwise I'd have to create a nndoc group
of the directory and then copy the files to server
nnml+nnml2:whatever.

* Re: create a second nnml server
@ 2009-10-14 17:39 ` Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 2009-10-14 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sorry, folks, someone started feeding ancient traffic back to the list
and I approved a couple of the messages before I noticed what was
happening.

 - J<

* Re: create a second nnml server
@ 2009-10-14 22:36   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2009-10-14 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@math.uh.edu> writes:

> Sorry, folks, someone started feeding ancient traffic back to the list
> and I approved a couple of the messages before I noticed what was
> happening.

That was me... very sorry... I was trying to resend a specific message
and thought I'd get a chance to change the Message-Id.

Somehow I managed to get a pile of messages process-marked before
hand.

I'm not sure how I managed it even now but definitely was not an
attempt to disrupt.