* sync problems with imap server
@ 2008-10-19 13:15 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2008-10-19 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello

I access my imap server from different computers and different application
(seamonkey and gnus). In gnus I have agentize all the servers I use.

What annoys me is when I start gnus form a computer which I have not
used for a while a lot of the mail groups indicate via the number a lot
of unread messages. This is understandable since I have not read these
messages with this particular gnus.

What I miss however is a way of easily synchronize the imap server or
even the group.

The natural candidates

 `gnus-agent-regenerate-group'
 `gnus-agent-expire-group'

don't do this.

Comments are welcome

Uwe Brauer

* Re: sync problems with imap server
@ 2008-10-20  6:56 ` Vegard Vesterheim
From: Vegard Vesterheim @ 2008-10-20  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: ding

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 15:15:33 +0200 Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I access my imap server from different computers and different application
> (seamonkey and gnus). In gnus I have agentize all the servers I use.
>
> What annoys me is when I start gnus form a computer which I have not
> used for a while a lot of the mail groups indicate via the number a lot
> of unread messages. This is understandable since I have not read these
> messages with this particular gnus.
>
> What I miss however is a way of easily synchronize the imap server or
> even the group.
>
> The natural candidates
>
>  `gnus-agent-regenerate-group'
>  `gnus-agent-expire-group'