* Usage of gnus mailing list mode
@ 2008-08-21 14:55 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-08-21 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

today I've found out, that `A M' in a mailing lists summary buffer will
activate `gnus-mailing-list-mode' which automagically detects the
mailing list's owner/posting/[un]subscribe address and more.

Well, that's very nice!  Before I had a to-address group parameter for
each mailing list group which was much more inconvenient.

But there's one thing I don't like.  With the to-address group parameter
set, a follow up to a mailing list message created "To:
is filled with the other poster's address and the mailing list is only
Cc-ed.

Personally, I don't like it too much if people reply to my mailing list
articles to both me and the list.  IMHO that's redundant and annoying.
Is that a convention and are there good reasons for such a double-reply?

If not, how do I teach gnus to put the mailing list in the To-header and
to omit the Cc (unless I do a wide reply).

Bye,
Tassilo

BTW: Ding is the only mailing list I have subscribed which doesn't work
with mailing list mode, cause the messages here don't contain the needed
headers.  What a shame!?!