* Piping a patch to patchee
@ 2006-06-22 17:30 reader
From: reader @ 2006-06-22 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think I remember sending patches from a artile buffer to the
directory and target of the patch from gnus somehow.

Full searches in gnus info on patch and pipe do not find this info.
I'm pretty sure there was once something in the manual about it.

Anyone remember or know how its done?

* Re: Piping a patch to patchee
@ 2006-06-22 21:15 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-06-22 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 22 2006, reader@newsguy.com wrote:

> I think I remember sending patches from a artile buffer to the
> directory and target of the patch from gnus somehow.
>
> Full searches in gnus info on patch and pipe do not find this info.
> I'm pretty sure there was once something in the manual about it.

`C-h i d m gnus RET i pipe RET ,'...

,----[ (info "(gnus)Saving Articles") ]
| `O p'
| `|'
|      Save the current article in a pipe.  Uhm, like, what I mean
|      is--Pipe the current article to a process
|      (`gnus-summary-pipe-output').  If given a symbolic prefix (*note
|      Symbolic Prefixes::), include the complete headers in the piped
|      output.
`----

As for the directory you may either use `-d' or set
`default-directory':

,----[ (info "(diff)patch Options") ]
| `-d DIRECTORY'
| `--directory=DIRECTORY'
|      Make directory DIRECTORY the current directory for interpreting
|      both file names in the patch file, and file names given as
|      arguments to other options.  *Note patch Directories::.
`----

(setq
 gnus-parameters
 `(;; Set default-directory for groups where patches are posted:
   ("emacs"  (default-directory ".../emacs/lisp/"))
   ("auctex" (default-directory ".../auctex/"))
   ("gnus"   (default-directory ".../gnus/lisp/"))
   ))

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Piping a patch to patchee
@ 2006-06-22 23:10 ` Steve Youngs
From: Steve Youngs @ 2006-06-22 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

* reader  <reader@newsguy.com> writes:

  > I think I remember sending patches from a artile buffer to the
  > directory and target of the patch from gnus somehow.

I just use `M-x ediff-patch-file' from the summary buffer.  It
defaults to asking if the patch is in the article buffer (well it does
for me).

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|                 I am Dyslexic of Borg.                   |

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 257 bytes --]

* Re: Piping a patch to patchee
@ 2006-06-23  2:46   ` reader
From: reader @ 2006-06-23  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

> `C-h i d m gnus RET i pipe RET ,'...

Not really the one I was after... I saw that on the first
index search as you've noted.

But I hadn't put it together with the rest of your post.

Nice.. thanks.

* Re: Piping a patch to patchee
@ 2006-06-23  2:50   ` reader
From: reader @ 2006-06-23  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve Youngs <steve@sxemacs.org> writes:

> * reader  <reader@newsguy.com> writes:
>
>   > I think I remember sending patches from a artile buffer to the
>   > directory and target of the patch from gnus somehow.
>
> I just use `M-x ediff-patch-file' from the summary buffer.  It
> defaults to asking if the patch is in the article buffer (well it does
> for me).

Yup, thats the one I was remembering... thanks.