From: Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no>
Subject: Re: Can't mark spam in NNTP group
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:33:04 +0200	[thread overview]

>> I missed this bit from the example:
>> ;; my parameters, set with `G p'

> Now, I've tried setting the following in the group parameters of
> gnu.emacs.help:

> (((spam-autodetect-methods spam-use-blacklist spam-use-BBDB)
>   (spam-process-destination . "nnml:train"))
>  ((spam-autodetect . t)))

> The hope was that articles marked with M-d would be copied to
> nnml:train when I exited gnu.emacs.help.

> But that doesn't happen.

> Am I missing some setup?
[snip!]

Now I've added the rest from the config example in the manual, except
for the nnml mail split stuff, and put it in my ~/.gnus.el:

;; Handy spam reporting from Gnus
(require 'spam)
(require 'spam-report)
(require 'gnus-registry)
(gnus-registry-initialize)
(spam-initialize)
(setq
 spam-log-to-registry t     ; for spam autodetection
 spam-use-BBDB t
 spam-use-regex-headers t   ; catch X-Spam-Flag (SpamAssassin)
 ;; all groups with `spam' in the name contain spam
 gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents
 '(("spam" gnus-group-spam-classification-spam))
 ;; see documentation for these
 spam-move-spam-nonspam-groups-only nil
 spam-mark-only-unseen-as-spam t
 spam-mark-ham-unread-before-move-from-spam-group t)

I get the following in *Messages* after spam marking an article in
gnu.emacs.help, and then exiting the group:
 Exiting summary buffer and applying spam rules
 Registering 1 specific articles as spam using backend spam-use-move
 1 spam messages were registered by backend spam-use-move.
 No more unread newsgroups

But nnml:train still doesn't contain any articles.