From: Elias Oltmanns <oltmanns@uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Problems with header buttonizing
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:08:35 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi everybody,

increasingly liking the buttonize feature of gnus, I observe a strange
behaviour when pressing enter on email addresses. Everything works as
exptected if I press enter while point is on an email address within
the body of an article. If point is on an email address in the header
though (for instance an address in the Cc: header), a message buffer
is setup with an email addressed to the sender of the original email
rather than the address near point.
My (rather incompetent) investigations revealed that for the email
addresses in the body the function gnus-url-mailto is called to setup
the message, whereas in the header the function gnus-button-mailto is
used. However, I have to little experience with lisp programming to
figure out what exactly causes the behaviour described above.

Thank you very much for any tips,

Elias

PS: Gnus v10.5.7, GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (Debian/Sarge)