* kill frame used for composing
@ 2005-02-04 20:41 Sebastian Luque
From: Sebastian Luque @ 2005-02-04 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm trying to use a separate frame for sending mail/news, and saw the relevant
section of the manual. The suggested code for getting that frame works ok in
my system. I had to search elsewhere for a way to kill that frame once the
message is sent. The consensus seems to be to put the following line in your ~/.gnus.el:

(message-add-action 'delete-frame 'exit 'postpone 'kill)

but this is not working for me (the frame remains, showing the buffer behind
the sent message). Any help is appreciated.

--
Sebastian

* Re: kill frame used for composing
@ 2005-02-04 23:58 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2005-02-04 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> I'm trying to use a separate frame for sending mail/news, and saw the relevant
> section of the manual. The suggested code for getting that frame works ok in
> my system. I had to search elsewhere for a way to kill that frame once the
> message is sent. The consensus seems to be to put the following line in your ~/.gnus.el:

> (message-add-action 'delete-frame 'exit 'postpone 'kill)

> but this is not working for me (the frame remains, showing the buffer behind
> the sent message). Any help is appreciated.

Though it may not be complete, I'm satisfied with the following:

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/emacs-lisp, Size: 3415 bytes --]

You can find latest version of it at:

<URL:http://www.jpl.org/elips/Gnus-Tips-ja.html#5>

I'm sorry that I have no time to translate it into English.

* Re: kill frame used for composing
@ 2005-02-06 23:37   ` Sebastian Luque
From: Sebastian Luque @ 2005-02-06 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Katsumi,

Thanks a lot for your code, it works great.

Cheers,
--
Best wishes,

@ 2005-02-08 12:51     ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2005-02-08 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Thanks a lot for your code, it works great.

You're welcome.

> You can find latest version of it at:
> <URL:http://www.jpl.org/elips/Gnus-Tips-ja.html#5>
> I'm sorry that I have no time to translate it into English.

I've uploaded the new version.  It can also be downloaded as:

http://www.jpl.org/elips/message-multiple-frames.el.gz