* Filtering headers in the article buffer
@ 2004-08-03 20:43 Vasily Korytov
From: Vasily Korytov @ 2004-08-03 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,

I was reading some group, gatewayed to FIDO and looking at the From line
it occured to me, it would be nice to have a function to replace the
[name]@p[point].f[node].n[net].z[zone].fidonet.org addressed with
more familiar [zone]:[net]/[node].[point].

I've started to think about a way, I could arrange this -- and didn't
find any. If I had overlooked some, please notify me. If not -- continue
reading. =))

I think, it would be nice to have an interface to mangle headers before
displaying. Say, a list with items like (header-regexp
function-to-process), when the function is called with the header
argument (not quite sure, if it will be better to pass two arguments:
header name and contents separately). I think, I could write something
alike -- but first I would like to ask everybody: what do you think of
such an idea?

--
       I accept RFC3156 and RFC2440-compatible encrypted mail.
PGP key fingerprint: 3273 7F6F 7B87 5DD5 9848 05FB E442 86BC 2E6B 6831

* Re: Filtering headers in the article buffer
@ 2004-08-04 16:56 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2004-08-04 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004, deskpot@despammed.com wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I was reading some group, gatewayed to FIDO and looking at the From line
> it occured to me, it would be nice to have a function to replace the
> [name]@p[point].f[node].n[net].z[zone].fidonet.org addressed with
> more familiar [zone]:[net]/[node].[point].
>
> I've started to think about a way, I could arrange this -- and didn't
> find any. If I had overlooked some, please notify me. If not -- continue
> reading. =))

Couldn't you do this with article washing?  It seems like a useful
thing to do on the entire article, not just the headers.

Ted

* Re: Filtering headers in the article buffer
@ 2004-08-04 18:23   ` Vasily Korytov
From: Vasily Korytov @ 2004-08-04 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4 Aug 2004 12:56:18 -0400, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Aug 2004, deskpot@despammed.com wrote:
>
>> I was reading some group, gatewayed to FIDO and looking at the From line
>> it occured to me, it would be nice to have a function to replace the
>> [name]@p[point].f[node].n[net].z[zone].fidonet.org addressed with
>> more familiar [zone]:[net]/[node].[point].
[...]
> Couldn't you do this with article washing?  It seems like a useful
> thing to do on the entire article, not just the headers.

Hm. I don't think, it would be useful in the body. Anyway, I'll think
about the washing, thanks. (I'm now going to rest of my computer and
native city for ~two weeks, so I'll have time to think it over -- but
I'll do it later =).