* Debian's install-info
@ 2004-03-21 23:26 Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-03-21 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Does anyone know why does Gnus exclude Debian's install-info
program?  Here is an extract from the texi/Makefile.in file:

install: $(INFO_DEPS)
[...]
	@if $(SHELL) -c 'install-info --version | sed 1q | fgrep -s -v -i debian' >/dev/null 2>&1; then \

It seems to have been imported from the emacs-lisp-intro
package.  However, I couldn't find such a thing now in the Emacs
CVS head.  I got a doubt about it from a Debian user.  See the
following two threads:

http://thread.gmane.org/874qsl5ca5.fsf@deb02.jinr.ru
http://thread.gmane.org/yotlbrms9ubq.fsf@jpl.org

Regards,