* Sending attachments is still funky.
@ 2000-06-03  7:03 Stephen Zander
From: Stephen Zander @ 2000-06-03  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I noted that C-c C-a was broken in 5.8.6 and dutifully downloaded the
latest snapshot available to me (gnus-CURRENT-20000531.tar.gz).

However, sending attachments is still somewhat broken.  If I places
the attachment at the end of the message text, all is fine.  If I C-c
C-a in the middle of the text message, however, gnus fails to encode
the initial text body, resulting in a message that a receiving gnus
treats as having only one part, the attachement.

This used to work.

--
Stephen

"Farcical aquatic ceremonies are no basis for a system of government!"

* Re: Sending attachments is still funky.
@ 2000-06-03 12:44 ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-06-03 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Zander <gibreel@pobox.com> writes:

> I noted that C-c C-a was broken in 5.8.6 and dutifully downloaded the
> latest snapshot available to me (gnus-CURRENT-20000531.tar.gz).
>
> However, sending attachments is still somewhat broken.  If I places
> the attachment at the end of the message text, all is fine.  If I C-c
> C-a in the middle of the text message, however, gnus fails to encode
> the initial text body, resulting in a message that a receiving gnus
> treats as having only one part, the attachement.
>
> This used to work.

I can not reproduce it. Could you post a sample of the original text
including the mml tags?

Shenghuo

* Re: Sending attachments is still funky.
@ 2000-06-08 15:01   ` Stephen Zander
From: Stephen Zander @ 2000-06-08 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    Shenghuo> I can not reproduce it. Could you post a sample of the
    Shenghuo> original text including the mml tags?

Consider this message:

does the first text section display for you?

--
Stephen

"If I claimed I was emporer just cause some moistened bint lobbed a
scimitar at me they'd put me away"

* Re: Sending attachments is still funky.
@ 2000-06-08 15:15     ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 2000-06-08 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

>     Shenghuo> I can not reproduce it. Could you post a sample of the
>     Shenghuo> original text including the mml tags?
>
> Consider this message:
>

> does the first text section display for you?

I got two parts, and both display for me.  Did you attach something
else?

Shenghuo

* Re: Sending attachments is still funky.
@ 2000-06-13  3:47       ` Stephen Zander
From: Stephen Zander @ 2000-06-13  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    Shenghuo> I got two parts, and both display for me.  Did you
    Shenghuo> attach something else?

Silly me. Wrong Gnus version. Lets see if this comes through

[-- Attachment #2: test file --]

this file

If this line is all you see, it's still broken.

--
Stephen

"If I claimed I was emperor just cause some moistened bint lobbed a

@ 2000-06-13 17:17         ` Stephen Zander
From: Stephen Zander @ 2000-06-13 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Shenghuo ZHU, ding

    Stephen> If this line is all you see, it's still broken.

OK, that worked too... :/ I'll see if I can work out how I broke it.

--
Stephen

"And what do we burn apart from witches?"... "More witches!"