Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes: > > I was hoping that it is possible to play tricks with > adaptive-fill-regexp and adaptive-fill-first-line-regexp but couldn't > find out how to do that quickly. Below is something I came up with for a message-fill-paragraph. It seems to do mostly the right thing, someone smart can pick it up and run with it, or kick it into touch. To try it, start editing a message and do (load "mfill.el") Filling a long References: or Subject: is nice, but is it right to fill mail addresses on space boundaries? If not then the easy way of just letting some variables might be doomed. Kai, your new auto-fill-inhibit-regexp I guess won't inhibit on a filled line in the headers, which is either good or bad depending on your viewpoint. If there's already some filling perhaps it's right to do more.