* RFE for (gnus-configure-windows 'summary 'force): EOB at the window bottom
@ 2022-04-10 18:19 Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2022-04-10 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Gnus summary has a wonderful feature of keeping the window fully
occupied by summary lines.
Alas, "=" (gnus-summary-expand-window that calls (gnus-configure-windows
'summary 'force)) may leave unused space at the bottom of the window
(i.e., the EOB is _not_ at the bottom of the window).
I wonder if there is a way to easily fix that.
cf. https://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/71312/795 which offers generic
code for that; I am sure there is an easier gnus-specific way.
Thanks.
--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Pop 21.10 (impish) X 11.0.12013000
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com

* Re: RFE for (gnus-configure-windows 'summary 'force): EOB at the window bottom
@ 2022-04-11  3:04 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2022-04-11  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org> writes:

> Gnus summary has a wonderful feature of keeping the window fully
> occupied by summary lines.
> Alas, "=" (gnus-summary-expand-window that calls (gnus-configure-windows
> 'summary 'force)) may leave unused space at the bottom of the window
> (i.e., the EOB is _not_ at the bottom of the window).
> I wonder if there is a way to easily fix that.
> cf. https://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/71312/795 which offers generic
> code for that; I am sure there is an easier gnus-specific way.
> Thanks.

This isn't very helpful, but we've got both `gnus-recenter' (C-l) and
`gnus-summary-recenter' (unbound by default), neither of which do what
you want. It does seem like it would be a useful operation, perhaps as
part of a larger "make everything look the way I want it" layout command.