* how long is a temporary down score in effect?
@ 2022-03-14 19:19 Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-03-14 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

how long is a temporary down score in effect?

In (info "(gnus) Score File Format") lines 72-77 it says:

  If the third element is present it [...] says when the last
  time this score entry matched, which provides a mechanism
  for expiring the score entries. [...] The date is
  represented by the number of days since December 31, 1 BCE.

The number that I get in the score file is 738228.

So I wrote this:

(defun days-since (year month day)
  (string-to-number
    (format-seconds "%d"
      (float-time (time-since (encode-time 0 0 0 day month year))) )))

However

  (- 738228 (days-since 0 0 0)) ; -397

which doesn't make sense (temporary ban for a negative period
of time - is it some other date?).

Why does it have to be so complicated BTW?

So how long is it?

I'd like to set the temporary down score time to _1 month_ to
begin with ... Is there really no variable (option) for that?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal