* Gmail/IMAP doesn't find older messages
@ 2017-10-12 19:12 Bob Newell
From: Bob Newell @ 2017-10-12 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Aloha,

This may be a basic question but I've not resolved it with extensive
searching. I'm running Emacs 25.1 and associated Gnus.

I am using gnus to fetch from Gmail via imap. I've got nnir set up. I
search Gmail directly, not through local download and
storage. Everything works fine and has for a while except the following.

I'm noticing when I search the Gmail/All Mail group with G G, older
messages are not found (but I can find them in the Gmail web client).

A clue seems to be this: When I enter the All Mail group, I'm told that
about 9700 messages are available, but actually I've got at least a
hundred thousand dating back for many years.

I don't do anything special (or anything at all) with expiry.

Any hints much appreciated.

Mahalo,

--
Bob Newell