* Display thumbnail for mime button?
@ 2016-02-22 22:47 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2016-02-22 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I have a program that can generate a thumbnail image for any file that
might be attached to a message.  I'd love to be able to have Gnus
make the corresponding MIME button look like that thumbnail.  Is there a
way?

--
-Dave

* Re: Display thumbnail for mime button?
@ 2016-02-23  2:13 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-02-23  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: ding

Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:

> I have a program that can generate a thumbnail image for any file that
> might be attached to a message.  I'd love to be able to have Gnus
> make the corresponding MIME button look like that thumbnail.  Is there a
> way?

Let's see...  the insertion of the MIME buttons is done by
`gnus-insert-mime-button'.  And the format of the button is determined
by the `gnus-mime-button-line-format' variable.  So you could add a
user-defined format spec, and then return a string with an image display
property.  The MIME handle is available in the dynamically bound
"handle" variable.