Hi, I have long notived that when I create new groups, say, nnml:testing, in the group buffer I can get voth testing and nnnl:testing, and they point to identical data, though flags on individual messages are not shared (making with ! or ? is local to the group name). I have been using Gnus for decades, and I have always ignored this disparity, I have always wondered why there are two variants (I generally make one or the other a zombie group). Is there a canonical name? Should I work wirh testing or nnml:testing? Is there a way to eliminate one or the other? manoj -- enhance, v.: To tamper with an image, usually to its detriment. Manoj Srivastava 4096R/C5779A1C E37E 5EC5 2A01 DA25 AD20 05B6 CF48 9438 C577 9A1C