From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: [gmane.emacs.gnus.user] Re: One folder in local imap not seen
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 17:14:11 +0800	[thread overview]

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
>
>> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>>
>>> I am posting this here now, as I did not get any reponse on the
>>> gnus.user list.
>>>
>>> I have one folder in my local imap, which I see when I telnet into the
>>> local imap server, which is seen by e.g. Mail (OSX), but not seen by
>>> gnus. I have added the local imap server again as an additional server,
>>> but I also couldn't see it there. It is not killed as far as I can see.
>>
>> One good way of seeing where things are going wrong is to edebug
>> `nnimap-get-groups'. When you go into the *Server* buffer and list the
>> groups in your local imap server, you'll be able to see the results of
>> the LIST command, and then see how Gnus parses those results. That
>> should get you closer to the source of the problem.
>
> OK - yes, it does. But it does not help me. When I cycle through the
> 'nnimap-get-groups' function, I can't make any sense out of the results,
> but I realized that in the (while ...) loop (see the code for reference below), the folder
> ...[Mailbox].Later does not occur. As I can't make any sense out of the
> previous results.
>
> Any further tips how I can debug this?

The early part of the function is just issuing the LIST command to imap,
and inserting the results into a buffer. Just to make sure that the LIST
command *isn't* returning your folder, step through `nnimap-get-groups'
again, and when you get to the second (goto-char (point-min)), hit "e"
to eval, and tell it (switch-to-buffer (current-buffer)). That should
make visible a buffer with a name like "#<buffer *nnimap PR nil
*nntpd**-44898>". You can see the results of the LIST command there.

If the folder really isn't in that list, then I don't know what to tell
you -- Gnus should be getting exactly the same results as your local
telnet experiments. Are you using dovecot or what?

Eric